The Men’s League is open to Birch Bay Village Golf Club Members and their guests with a GHIN handicap index. Each player must pay the appropriate Green Fee for their round at check-in. Participants play with other Members of varying levels of golf skills with GHIN handicap indexes. We will get you in a group and out playing. If you don’t have a GHIN handicap index, you can establish one through the Club. The League generally plays a shotgun start so we all finish at approximately the same time to enjoy lunch, beverage, and snacks from the Golf & Grille at the end of the round.
- Plays on Thursdays, during the prime season (May thru August), usually 24 to 36 players.
- A current GHIN is required to play in the Men’s club.
- Men’s League – Thursday, Apr-Sept 9 am, Check-in 8:30 am, Sept-Mar 10 am, Check-in 9:30 am.
- Primary contact: Rich Semenik, email@example.com
- Backup: Bill Duncan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry fee is $5 and all entry fees are paid out at the end of the round. The number of payout places depends on the number of players.
- Each player’s GHIN handicap converted to course handicap.
- A variety of “games” are played each week with most scores being post-able.
Frequently Played Round Formats
- Team: Best 2 of 3 team players’ scores vs. other teams
- Team: Best 3 of 4 team players’ scores vs. other teams
- Individual Low Net: Lowest score using individual course handicap
Frequently Played Side Games (separate entry fee)
- Skins: Lowest score by a player on each hole
- Greenies: Birdie or better by a player on designated holes reached in regulation
- Closest to the pin
Men play from the White/Blue tee boxes or the White/Combo tee boxes.
A course handicap is a number that indicates how many handicap strokes a golfer receives at the specific golf course (and specific set of tees) being played. Course handicap usually differs from a player’s GHIN index due to a specific course’s rating and slope.
*The Club Membership fee is $20 US and includes club meetings, special events and cost of meals at events.
**Stroke play; also known as medal play, is a scoring system in the sport of golf in which the total number of strokes per player or team is counted over one, or more rounds, of 18 holes.