Open to BBV residents or sponsored non-residents, new golfers, those taking lessons, or golfers with or without a GHIN handicap who want to play in a scramble format. Plays on Mondays at 4:30 pm. After the 9-hole round, gather with the other scramblers at the Golf & Grille for food, beverages, snacks, and conversation.
- Monday 4:30 pm, Check-in 4:00 pm
- Shotgun Start, Scramble Format, No Entry Fee
- Primary contact: Ernie Hutchins, firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Scramble?
A golf scramble is a format for a golf tournament. Two or more players form a team, with the rules emphasizing fun without the pressure of players keeping individual scores. All team members tee off on each hole and then decide which tee shot they like the best and mark the spot with a tee or ball marker.
The other team members pick up their balls and place them within one club length (no closer to the hole) of the marked spot.
This format is used all the way through the green, this means that even on the green everyone putts until one player holes out the ball. The team score is the number of shots taken. Usual scores on a hole for the team is birdie, par, bogey or double bogey.
- Par – The score on the scorecard for the hole, 3, 4, or 5
- Birdie – One less that the par for the hole
- Bogey – One over the par for the hole
- Double Bogey – Two more than the par for the hole
Image of a completed score card